Old October 6th 07, 01:07 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Juan

Default Clutch Pedal

On Oct 5, 7:30 pm, Speedy Jim > wrote:
> Juan wrote:
> > Oh!! One more thing...I have examined the cluster and cable hooks for
> > cracks and have found none.. THe hook was very worn but seemed like
> > there was still plenty left so as to not flex or bend.

> > On Oct 5, 7:23 pm, Juan > wrote:
> >> Ladies/Gents,

> >> I am looking for help regarding a problem I am having with my clutch
> >> pedal on my 72 SB.

> >> The pedal goes to the floor with very little resistance and no I can
> >> no longer shift. At first, I thought that it was a broken cable but I
> >> have replaced the cable and the Bowden tube (correct sag)...and the
> >> same thing is still happening.

> >> When the pedal is pressed, I can see the cable pulling the clutch
> >> operating lever easily. In short, it feels as though the slight
> >> resistance I am feeling on the pedal is nothing more than the return
> >> spring on the clutch operating lever.

> >> Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am hoping it is something
> >> easy that I may have not thought of but I am guessing that I may be
> >> pulling my engine for the first time.

> >> Juan

> Long shot that the conduit tube in the tunnel may have
> a broken weld and the tube is merely shifting as you press
> the pedal. Look in the access hole while someone presses pedal.
>
> Start studying Jan's article on pulling the engine:http://www.geocities.com/bugfuel/pull_it.html
>
> Speedy Jimhttp://www.nls.net/mp/volks/- Hide quoted text -

Thanks Speedy,

Sounds like pulling the engine is the favorable option. Can this be
signs of a fallen TO bearing or broken shaft. My research is pointing
in this direction but I am not too sure if it is something I can
handle... I really don't even know what these things do. :-)