Old September 3rd 04, 02:49 AM
Philip Nasadowski

In article
outautos.com>,
"2000SaturnSL2" > wrote:

> I am not sure what to make of the P0732 code. Does it indicate that an
> external solenoid/modulator part needs replacement to fix my reverse gear
> problem? Or, does it indicate there is an internal (i.e. expensive)
> problem in the A/T that requires the attention of an A/T mechanic?

It's the latter. The 2nd gear clutch is fuct. IIRC, saturns (the only
non planetary sold out there besides Honda, BTW), use some thing off of
2nd gear to get reverse. Anyway, by now, the wrong ratio code means
you've got a clutch that got killed, probbably due to a seal leak in
either the 2nd gear clutch or the seal rings for the passeges feeding it.

Get a rebuild, make SURE they replace the converter and flush the cooler
good.

Don't expect this to be cheap, you almost certainly need a new
transmission. Sorry