Old April 1st 13, 02:05 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
ChrisKlinger

Default swing axle nuts - Guru advice appreciated.

AllanW wrote:

> On Sunday, 31 March 2013 17:17:15 UTC+13, ChrisKlinger wrote:
>> Here's a new one for me; if anyone can tell me WTF, I'd be most
>>
>> appreciative.
>>

> Snapping Arse!
>
> Stuff like that is a bit worrying!
>
> I don't see why they'd come loose, unless something was assembled wrong,
> and something wore/compressed with the driving??? Clearly the nut hasn't
> come loose (unless it is stripped and jusmped a thread or two).
>
> I guess keep a close eye on it!
>
> Allan

Snapping Arse indeed!

No stripped threads. And, unless I was on the day of original assembly
somehow abducted by aliens and turned into an idiot, there's not a whole lot
that can be put together wrong (though I've seen the o-rings in the wrong
place).

I will indeed keep a close eye on it. Hopefully that close eye will not, at
some point, involve watching an axle and wheel pass me on the road.

Thanks Allan

Chris