Old April 6th 13, 05:35 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
ChrisKlinger

Default swing axle nuts - Guru advice appreciated.

AllanW wrote:

> On Monday, 1 April 2013 14:05:55 UTC+13, ChrisKlinger wrote:
> Hopefully that close eye will not, at
>>
>> some point, involve watching an axle and wheel pass me on the road.
>>

> You can take some comfort in the fact that your barke drum would be with
> it, making for a particularly exciting day :-D
>
> I hope it stays right for you!
>
> Allan.

Hadn't thought of that. But, hey, between an e-brake on one wheel and the
other half of the rear end dragging the ground, sounds like more fun than an
E-Ticket ride at Disney (Though I'm probably showing age; they haven't used
those in years

On a funny note, as a teen I had a Bradley GT kit car on a '60 chassis, 10"
wide rims in the back. Had just argued with the GF, but she bolted right
rear wheel on while I bolted the left.

Left, with her, my brother, and 2 friends (remember being 17 and fitting 5
people into a 2-seater?). About 1-1/2 miles from home, the car suddenly
shook, then swerved, then dropped, leaving a 30' gash in a lady's front
lawn, while we watched a wayward right rear wheel continue to head down
Granada Blvd., stopping about a block farther down.

Ah, the days!

Chris