Old April 28th 06, 01:59 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

Default the reported bear attack now very OT

On mucho experience with hunters and game management while farming, raising
cattle and breaking horses. Any farmer knows that if you put 125 head on a
pasture that can only support 100, they will eat all the grass then pull up the
roots then all starve, leaving perhaps a dozen alive. Same goes for deer and
other game. It is essential to limit their population to what their habitat can
support. That's a scientific fact born out by practical experience - nothing
"bleeding heart" or "democrat" about it.

It is also factual to say that few hunters today hunt for meat. Some of my
neighbors do. They organize a drive every year and kill more deer in a day than
the sport hunters do in a season, but those who hunt solo, often from tree
stands, swear that drives are not hunting, especially if you use dogs. But
either way they spend more $$ on the hunt than they would pay for a side of beef
or pork. Ergo, they are not doing it to eat.

What has that got to do with "bleeding heart liberals wacko limp democrats"?
The ones I know dispise hunting and game management.

"L.W.(Bill) Hughes III" > wrote