Old October 15th 17, 09:28 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
Bill Vanek[_2_]

Default Why is my 1985 s 10 2.8 engine so hard to start ?

On Sun, 15 Oct 2017 18:08:32 +1100, Xeno >
wrote:

>Coking is less likely on a carbureted or port fueled engine. Fuel wash
>prevents that occurring. That's an issue with diesels and GDI engines.

It's not all that common, but there are certain vehicles that are
prone to it. GM's G vans from the 80's or 90's were one, and I had an
Allante with a severe case of it. I believe I also had a 2.8 Chevy
engine in some vehicle with the problem. I think it's more likely with
very high underhood temps.