Old October 18th 17, 01:19 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
dsi1[_11_]

Default Why is my 1985 s 10 2.8 engine so hard to start ?

On Tuesday, October 17, 2017 at 1:51:15 PM UTC-10, Scott Dorsey wrote:

> You'd think so. But back in the seventies _everybody_ had a carb and
> _everybody_ had cold start problems. It was just considered normal.
> Hmm, maybe there is a correlation here.
> --scott

I'll take your word for it. I live in the tropics so cold starting is not too much of a problem. I use to have a Barracuda that the previous owner disconnected the choke linkage. As I recall, the bimetal spring was located in the intake manifold. I'd have to idle the car for a while until the car warmed up. Beats the heck out of me why people want to disconnect an automatic choke.