Old October 18th 17, 02:08 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
Bill Vanek[_2_]

Default Why is my 1985 s 10 2.8 engine so hard to start ?

On Tue, 17 Oct 2017 16:46:56 -0700 (PDT), dsi1 >
wrote:

>On Tuesday, October 17, 2017 at 3:34:18 AM UTC-10, Scott Dorsey wrote:
>>
>> I was leaning very strongly toward this being the case, that the choke is not
>> leaning down enough. But I suggested earlier than he try manually blocking
>> the intake to simulate aggressive choking and he said that didn't help.
>> --scott
>> --
>> "C'est un Nagra. C'est suisse, et tres, tres precis."

>It's a cold start problem with a carburetor. This should be dead simple to fix.

Yes, which is why I'm inclined to think that there might be a bit of
trolling going on. None of his replies seemed to ring true. In fact,
his replies seemed to be, "it's not that" mostly.