Old October 16th 17, 01:59 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
micky

Default Catalytic converter

In rec.autos.tech, on Thu, 5 Oct 2017 11:14:07 -0700 (PDT), Molly Brown
> wrote:

>I just called them and they said that I have to have some kind of special business license to sell it to them.
>So much for my effort to protect the environment and getting back some of the money that I paid for the new ones I bought. In to the trash it will go.

You might not be able to sell it to them, but you could give it to them.

That would fulfill one of your two goals.

My uncle and my cousin have a junk yard, that is a scrap metal business.
For a while 30 years ago my cousin was collecting converters, waiting
for someone who would buy them, to recycle the platinum, to arise. He
showed me a pile of converters, but I don't know what happened after
that.