Old May 6th 20, 12:17 AM posted to rec.autos.tech

Default Motor is wheezing, as if it's breathing - why?

Arlen:

No squishy rubber thing down on the side of the block?

But you have in place of it a choke lever. Always hated trying to start up them
'two-slider' deals, lol! Reminds me of Dad's old flip-handle windup horror from
the late '60s. He could storm n curse at that thing like you never! lol

Wind it up, flip the winder shut, jump back behind the machine, and flip the
choke and throttle levers at just the right time, might fire up n run for ten seconds,
"sunovabitch!" Bend over, flip open, wind. repeat. Nice way to spend a friday
evening or Saturday!

But yeah, run the make and model on line, I'm sure there's an owners or service
manuel for it out there. Sounds like it's perpetuallly on the verge of stalling for
lack of fuel, or clean air, but you probably already checked that filter.