Old May 6th 20, 06:10 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Arlen Holder[_4_]

Default Motor is wheezing, as if it's breathing - why?

> You could try adding some seafoam to the fuel and see if you can clear
> it out that way but it really depends on just how plugged it is as to
> whether that will work.

Thanks Steve W for that helpful advice.

I think it is one of those non-adjustable jets which are clogged.
The engine runs, so I "can" put seafoam in, but I'm no fan of what I call
"miracles in a can".

The Seafoam is likely just a trademark for a lot of stuff, mostly likely a
formulation of soap for gas, aka polyetheramines, which are already in
gasoline - but let me look it up...
<https://seafoamsales.com/product/sea-foam-motor-treatment-oil-fuel-additive/>
<https://seafoamsales.com/sds/>

Hmmm... 10% to 30% alcohol wasn't expected.
The petroleum distillates and hydrocarbon-based solvents were expected.

Anyway, I've never been a fan of miracles in a can, and I know you
suggested it as a side note to the real problem, which is that the jets are
likely clogged.

For now, since it's running, I think I'll just use a few tanks of gas and
see if that cleans it out. I also might tie down the throttle cable a bit
more, and ensure the throttle and choke levers aren't vibrating.
--
Usenet is where purposefully helpful adults publicly help each other.