Old February 3rd 07, 06:08 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
jd-drafter@home

Default squealing speedo question...

hello- i am a semi new poster and long time lurker here,

planning on becoming more frequent as i work on my daughters 68 vert...

as the subject indicates the speedo is given o fit's of incredibly loud
squealing, as well as the needle bouncing all over and then not working...

i am not a complete newbie with vw's.. i served some time as a shop grunt
for a vw master mechanic.

(bruce brimhall ,r.i.p.,died last year but his current shop helper has
stepped up to the plate and is doing a fine job covering the bases)

but 10 pluss years behind a desk doing cadd design and civil engineering has
left my vw blade dull and in need of sharpening. 8^)

do i need to just get a rebuilt? or is there anything i can do to prolong
yet quiet the the musical life of my unit?

thanks a bunch-

jd-drafter