Old September 7th 06, 04:06 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Mr.SVT via CarKB.com

Default 91 Ford Explorer Transmission Problem

hello all. I have a 1991 ford explorer and my shift points seen to be off.
my truck usually shifts at about 3000 rpm's now its shifts at about 4000 -
4300 rpm's. no chip or anything done to truck. transmission fluid dosent
smell burnt and still has color. I was wondering if this was a sign that my
trany was about to go out or if something electrical was bad like my
alternator or something wrong with my vacuum lines cause I've read on another
forum that those two things have something to do with how your trany
functions . if any has had this problem or could help that would b of much
hepl. thanx