Old October 20th 04, 03:09 AM
Victor LeeOwn

According to the dealer (!) failure of the external linkages can also be
caused by, or cause, internal damage in the transmission. Of course their
chosen remedy is to just to replace the transmission as they won't be able
to tell whether the transmission is bad until they do the external linkages
and the car is still stuck in gear. Then I'll have to pay the labor all over
again to pull and replace the transmission.

..