Old December 7th 17, 07:49 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,ca.driving
The Real Bev[_5_]

Default "Emergency Vehicle"

Back when we were doing a lot of traveling (NOT interstates) in the
midwest and east, every once on a while we would see a large official
sign by the side of the main road proclaiming EMERGENCY VEHICLE. There
would be some sort of cutout or dirt road leading to some unknown
destination, and there was ALWAYS some sort of ancient rusted wreck nearby.

We've pondered these signs for decades, with no conclusion. Anybody
know WTF these signs actually are for and why there are always wrecks
nearby?

--
Cheers, Bev