Old February 16th 06, 01:13 AM posted to alt.trucks.ford,rec.autos.tech,rec.autos.misc

Default Ford Ranger / Mazda B-Series 1999 Ignition Switch Accessory Terminal

> wrote in message
ups.com...
> Ok, dumb question for the rest of you who know what you're doing:
>
> Just bought myself a CB radio, something I've been wanting for a long
> time. I've got a 1999 Mazda B-2500 (Ford Ranger), and the manual for
> the CB says to connect it to the ignition switch accessory terminal.
>
> Where is that? Sorry if I sound ignorant, but the most technical I get
> with the truck is ... well, not this technical.
>
> Any help appreciated. Pictures of the new set-up to follow once I can
> get it in. The new CB is a Uniden Bearcat PC78 Elite. Nice one.

Try the fuse box.

Personally, I just get a cigarette lighter adapter and plug them in there.
It's fine if you're running a low-power (4 watt) AM rig (unless you actually
want to use the lighter for...gasp...lighting cigarettes!). Higher power
sideband or 10-meter radios I wire right to the battery with 10 guage wire
(with in-line fuses on both the pos and neg lines).