Old June 23rd 15, 04:47 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Budd Cochran[_2_]

Default now to trace a vacuum leak

On 6/22/2015 6:02 PM, DougW wrote:
> Budd Cochran wrote:
>> On 6/20/2015 8:59 AM, DougW wrote:

.. . . . . .

> About the only thing I'm down to is jumpering the block to the frame.
> That stoopid ground strap problem.
>
> The other option is a harness issue, and that is an exercise in tracking
> wires... the biggest PITA of them all.

I put a pair of factory ground straps (one saved from a the '92 added in
parallel to the factory strap) from the block to the firewall and since
the vehicle is a unibody design that should be enough.

I can make another ground cable up from a salvaged sectio9n of # 8 cable
from a cheap jumper cable set, if need be.

Wiring????? Oh let's hope not. The vehicle had a lot of bad spots in the
harness from rats chewing on it and for a while I used solderless butt
connectors to repair them but after the cutting out started I went thru
and soldered / shrink wrapped every placed I'd repaired plus a few extra
spots.

I even had to replace the connections to the grille surround with flat 4
trailer plugs because they had melted at some time before I got it.

Budd

---