Old July 4th 15, 05:20 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Budd Cochran[_2_]

Default now to trace a vacuum leak

On 6/22/2015 9:47 PM, Budd Cochran wrote:

Finally got the vacuum lines tested and the one I thought was bad wasn't.

OTOH, the primary line to the vacuum reservoir leaked so bad I could
only salvage about 5" of it and there were 4 other leaks on the
reservoir lines.

I routed a length of 1/4" nylon airline from the intake to the reservoir
using short sections of the good piece to make connections and cut the
leaks out of the smaller hoses and now I have a better idle, all my
heater doors function, and I drove the XJ over 5 miles without a single
hiccup.

If poor vacuum signals to the MAP sensor, the fuel pressure regulator
caused by the leaks in the other lines was causing my grief, I'm a bit
ticked off.

Over $300 (not counting the camshaft and kit as it needed replaced)
spent because engineers used a dumb design for the vacuum system . . . .
.. . .

Oy!!!!

Budd

---