Old May 1st 07, 12:18 AM posted to alt.law-enforcement,misc.legal,rec.autos.driving

Default Trespassing in neighbor's driveway

> Which raises the following question: does a homeowner have a right not to
allow you to pull into their driveway with the purpose of turning
around?

It's interesting how people seem to think they are somehow entitled to
other people's property. I recently had some issues with neighbors
thinking they could park in my driveway at will to make access to
their cars more convient, even if this made access to our cars on our
land next to impossible. The problem has since been handled, but the

> The state claims either a 30 or a 40 foot right of

way from the centerline of all the county roads

My living room is within 30 feet of the center of the road I live on.
Rest assured, that *is* my property and trespassers will be handled
accordingly.

Also, if you continue to agitate your neighbor by entering their
property after notice not to do so, they're likely to return the
love. What will you do when you run over the nails they just happened
to drop in the driveway? It's their land, they have no requirement to
keep their driveway up to your standards.

I'd suggest that by continuing to trespass on private land you've been
told to stay off you are going to escalate an unnecessary situation.
I'd recommend staying off of this persons land. I'd also be willing
to wager that you have no legal right do drive on their private
property, putting you in a situation where you run the risk of not
only creating a larger battle where said battle need not be but one
that you'll lose as well.

If nothing else, it's certainly not neighborly to disregard your
neighbor's wishes about trespassing on their land.

By any chance, is one of the parties in question renting while the
other is a homeowner?