Old August 22nd 17, 06:40 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
Sanity Clause[_2_]

Default Can I drive my car if the thermostat is bad

> wrote

> My thermostat gage is not moving at all can i drive it. Its a 2001 lmp

I'm only a week late. Hopefully you haven't destroyed your engine yet.

If the engine coolant is too low (or empty), the sensor won't be immersed, and
won't send a proper signal to the gauge. Once the engine gets so hot from
lack of coolant that it's about to melt, the heat will "soak" through the sensor's
body and the gauge will move. Please check your coolant level before that.