Old April 14th 05, 05:55 PM

Back in the 70's during the great gas crisis (weren't we supposed to be
out of gas by now?) our city converted all government vehicles over to
LP including police cars. I worked in an auto parts house then. We paid
off a lot bills and had some great bonuses on the engine parts we sold
even at heavily discounted prices to the city. Seems the propane eats
at the engine for some reason. I really don't remember the
explaination. And the police cars couldn't catch a kid on a trycycle
much less someone trying to run.

As I recall, when they tore the engines down, they were very clean,
just worn out.

But I see a lot of industrial equipment, forklifts ect. that run on LP
and run forever on it. Anybody got an explaination either way?

I'm with the first response, where would you put the tank and the
difference in price today doesn't seem to make up for the trouble.

<><
TC