Old October 20th 17, 03:28 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
Scott Dorsey

Default Why is my 1985 s 10 2.8 engine so hard to start ?

> wrote:
>Yes ive checked the bowl for fuel in the morning. its good.And yes the pump=
> is squirting gas. Ive been told that there are a couple of ignition items =
>that will cause this problem. Like the ignition coil, and the ignition pick=
>up. I replaced the coil to no avail. Im replacing the pickup next.

Both the pickup and coil would be a waste of time, if you have done the
tests I suggested with viewing the spark and with viewing the timing marks
during starting and at idle and making sure they are in the right place and
not jumping around.
--scott