Old October 20th 17, 03:44 AM posted to rec.autos.tech

Default Why is my 1985 s 10 2.8 engine so hard to start ?

On Thursday, October 19, 2017 at 9:28:56 PM UTC-5, Scott Dorsey wrote:
> > wrote:
> >Yes ive checked the bowl for fuel in the morning. its good.And yes the pump=
> > is squirting gas. Ive been told that there are a couple of ignition items =
> >that will cause this problem. Like the ignition coil, and the ignition pick=
> >up. I replaced the coil to no avail. Im replacing the pickup next.

> Both the pickup and coil would be a waste of time, if you have done the
> tests I suggested with viewing the spark and with viewing the timing marks
> during starting and at idle and making sure they are in the right place and
> not jumping around.
> --scott

Ive checked the timing as you said. everything checks out. this is why i posted the question to start with. ive done everything that can be done but nothing seems to fix the problem. im thinking i must have gotten a bad carb. but thats hard to believe because the engine runs so well once it starts. although i have detected a slight miss when the engine is under a load.