Old December 3rd 07, 11:16 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
Brent P[_1_]

Default Keep your papers ready to be produced immediately or it's a tazering

In article >, Daniel W. Rouse Jr. wrote:
> "Brent P" > wrote in message
> . ..
>>
>> Woman without her papers in order for immediate inspection gets tazed:
>>
>> via fark.com
>>
>> http://www.statesman.com/news/mplayer/other/32386?f=1

> Unfortunately, the truth of the matter is that it is best not to confront,
> even verbally, a police officer that is already aggressive and will
> immediately use force. Just do what the cop is asking, and file a complaint
> or lawsuit later. It's really the only solution, unless one already knows
> they can physically withstand potentially multiple 5 second/50,000 volt
> shocks.

Um, she didn't confront the cop. She appeared to be merely disorganized
and did not have her papers at the ready for inspection. To a cop,
anything short immediate and total obedence is a confrontation I suppose,
but in the real world it isn't. I understand that a good number of cops
are ex-military and that the police forces are militarized leading to an
expectation of military style obedence and having one's documents etc at
the ready but that is no excuse.