Old August 4th 09, 12:58 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
GeeBee

Default Isuzu Rodeo fast idle

We have a 1997 Rodeo with the 4.2L V6. It idles too fast. Things we have
done include replacing the "idle motor", which is actually a solenoid.
That only cured it for a short time. I have tried lubricating throttle
linkage and throttle body, to no avail. Strangely, when the battery was
disconnected for an unrelated problem, everything was fine for a few
hundred miles, then the idle speed started to creep up again, to the
point it idles at about 2200 rpm. This is not a good thing considering
we take it up mountain roads occasionally. Even changing down a gear,
the machine wants to run away on long down grades, leading to me having
to ride the brakes way too much.