Old October 2nd 10, 12:25 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
chuckcar

Default Read this before you buy

Tom Adams > wrote in
:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electro...ol#Effectivene
>> >ss

>> Perfect for people that have no idea how to drive a car. Required for
>> badly designed cars like this one:
>>
>> http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-...28660_10150187.

> In general, cars are among the worst designed consumer products, close
> to the worst of all.
>
> Your has a 1 in 500 chance of killing you. Add up all the cars you
> will own and that gets
> you to 1 in 85. And that does not even include all the non-fatal
> injuries.
>
> What's worse than that? Cigarettes are the only one I can think of.
>
> BTW: If you had the slightest idea of what you are talking about, you
> would have linked to a picture of some SUV, not a sedan.

If you did you wouldn't use superlatives in decribing it.

Lighten up FCS. You don't recognise anyone in that shot?

You don't seem to have much consistancy in what you say either:

Look it's a crutch. What would remove it is tougher driving tests and
retests. Nothing else other than a massive increase in police employment
is going to work. In Finland for example, you have to be able to do a
powerslide to get a licence. ABS is necessary in emergencies. Traction
control is another crutch for people who simply can't get a feel for
driving and is only useful in race cars. Perhaps it increases tire
life, but that's it.

BTW *no* one survives an encounter with a moose. It's purely a roll of the
dice. Except for the case where you're on a well lit straight as an arrow
road where you can see the thing 1/4 mile ahead of you, you simply can't
do anything.

--
(setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )