Old October 2nd 10, 02:08 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
Nancy Adams[_2_]

Default Read this before you buy

On Oct 1, 7:25*pm, chuckcar > wrote:
> Tom Adams > wrote :
>

> > On Sep 30, 4:25*pm, chuckcar > wrote:
> >> Tom Adams > wrote
> >> innews:60ed4c25-2a29-467a-b97b-1c29

> > :

> >> Perfect for people that have no idea how to drive a car. Required for
> >> badly designed cars like this one:

> >>http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-...28660_10150187.

> > In general, cars are among the worst designed consumer products, close
> > to the worst of all.

> > Your has a 1 in 500 chance of killing you. *Add up all the cars you
> > will own and that gets
> > you to 1 in 85. *And that does not even include all the non-fatal
> > injuries.

> > What's worse than that? Cigarettes are the only one I can think of.

> > BTW: If you had the slightest idea of what you are talking about, you
> > would have linked to a picture of some SUV, not a sedan.

> If you did you wouldn't use superlatives in decribing it.
>
> Lighten up FCS. You don't recognise anyone in that shot?
>
> You don't seem to have much consistancy in what you say either:
>

> Look it's a crutch. What would remove it is tougher driving tests and
> retests. Nothing else other than a massive increase in police employment
> is going to work. In Finland for example, you have to be able to do a
> powerslide to get a licence. ABS is necessary in emergencies.

What a joke, you are not aware that ABS didn't pan out. No evidence it
ever saved a single life.

> Traction
> control is another crutch for people who simply can't get a feel for
> driving and is only useful in race cars. Perhaps it increases tire
> life, but that's it.
>
> BTW *no* one survives an encounter with a moose. It's purely a roll of the
> dice. Except for the case where you're on a well lit straight as an arrow
> road where you can see the thing 1/4 mile ahead of you, you simply can't
> do anything.
>
> --
> (setq (chuck nil) *car(chuck) )- Hide quoted text -

If you want to drive at the edge of oversteer and understeer, hit the
off button.

Your bizarre opinions don;t change the facts: 1 person will die for
every 1500 or so new motor vehicles sold without ESC between now and
the start of the 2012 model year (when it's mandated).