Old July 19th 15, 04:32 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
Ashton Crusher[_3_]

Default Gasohol Mileage versus Gas Mileage

Gasohol Mileage versus Gas Mileage...

Been doing some driving for vacation in a 2000 Chevy Malibu. I've
been averaging 28 mpg for mostly freeway. Found a gas station that
had alcohol free 91 octane so I filled up (had about 1/3 of a tank at
the time) with it. On the next leg I got 32 mpg. That's a 14%
increase in gas mileage!! Just by getting rid of most of the stupid
alcohol in the gas. And all the experts say the higher octane fuel
actually has less energy in it so if I could have found alcohol free
87 octane I'd have probably gotten even better gas mileage.