Old October 30th 05, 01:17 AM
Frank Boettcher

Default Follow up; replace radiator '90 accord

:

>> Did the replacement today. The radiator will easily come out with
>> both fans attached.
>>
>> I replaced all the hoses when replacing the radiator. Hardest part
>> was getting the bypass hose off with those awful factory spring
>> clamps. They are very difficult to get to. Be prepared to replace
>> with the appropriate sized ideal style clamps where you can orient the
>> heads of the screws to be accessible the next time you have to get to
>> them.

>I still have all (but one) of my original factory spring clamps installed.
>
>Never had a problem getting at them.

Partner you either have better tools or smaller hands. At any rate, I
wish you had been there to help. Those clamps are great and quick
with access but when they are in a tight spot like that bypass hose,
they are tough.

>> Three hours for the radiator and all the hoses. Someone who knows
>> what they are doing could do it in two. I took the splash pan off
>> because the manual said to. I'm not sure it was necessary.
>>

>All I ever do is drop the front of the splash pan enough to get at the rad
>drain.

Mine has a cuttout for the drain. The only advantage I saw for taking
it off was reattaching some of the clip on connectors that ride on the
left side fan.