Old September 23rd 09, 04:33 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
SFC

Default I SOLD OUT ...

>>Finally a heater that works!! (Ex beetle driver)

> Really? Did you have a problem with your air cooled beetle? My brother
> used
> to say 'My feet are watering', our superbeetle would get so hot (and we
> live
> in Chicago where winters can get pretty bad). On the other hand, my dad's
> 74 camper (early fuel injection where we'd often have to start it by
> runing
> a hair dryer on the injection to warm it up, even when garaged) had
> terrible
> heat, but we always figured that was because the volume of space was so
> big.

First year that I drove it it was nice and warm. But things started to
corrode and valves didn't seem to open etc. which caused loss of warm air.
My father used to own a bus and it was the other way round, couldn't turn it
off! Also stuck valve problems, broken springs etc.

SFC