Old October 14th 04, 02:33 AM
Sleepy Joe

Default Turn Signals, Sometimes will not blink.

Hi!
I have a ‘73 VW Beetle.
I bought an AutoZone battery and installed it on 5-28-02. I think it
is time for a new one. With the headlights on, foot on brake
pedal/stop lights on, and turn signals on, sometimes the turn signals
will not blink. After charging the battery I repeat the same procedure
and the turn signals blink or cancel like they should.
I charged the battery last month and now I am having to charge it
again. I think the battery may not be holding a charge. I checked the
v-belt and it was not loose. My voltmeter indicates about 14 volts
showing that the battery is being charged when I am driving. It may be
because I only drive it about 10 miles, two or three times a week and
the battery does not have a chance to get completely recharged after
starting the engine.
Before it gets cold out, I think I am going to shell it out for a
Sears Die Hard Weather Handler battery, $59.95 dollars US or so as
compared to $39.95 for an AutoZone battery.
Would you guys recommend that I replace the battery for more
reliability?
Who knows, maybe it is just a corroded turn signal ground wire
connection.
Thanks! Any help is appreciated! jplikesm73vwbttl