Old July 22nd 06, 03:46 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Joey Tribiani

Default New Panel! Should I strip it?

> wrote in message
news

> Yes I agree with that, but was wondering do you think VW changed the
> design
> for rigidity reasons or speed/simplicity of construction.
> I mean 68'ish was when all the fuss was being made over safety with
> collapsible
> columns and seat belts etc etc. And safety has to be my first
> consideration.

this i don't know....they changed things for a reason, but that was probably
reasons that the common folks don't know...could have been safer, faster
assembly, or just because they wanted to...i'm not sure there...maybe since
68 was the first bays, they modified and improved as they went....not sure
on this one...but Speedy Jim is a bus dude too...he'll be here any
minute...3-2-1-<boom>