Old April 18th 07, 08:09 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw

Default M30 air intake manifold

On Apr 18, 12:04 pm, "Bill" > wrote:
> > wrote in message
>
> oups.com...
>
> > I am about to buy a 1991 BMW 535i (in Canada) that has 345000 km and a
> > leak in theairintakemanifoldas well as an engine oil leak. Price
> > 300 dollars. Car still runs. I plan on repairing theintakemanifold
> > and sealing the engine oil leak. Then I will work on strapping on a
> > hydrogen booster. Can anyone assist me with theairintakemanifold?
> > How do I replace it and what does it cost?
> > Thanks,
> > Noobiedoobie

> Sounds like the rubber boot connecting the airbox to theairflow meter,
> shaped like an "L". It runs about $28. There's another straight rubber boot
> between theairflow meter and the throttle body, about $25. Don't forget
> the myriad rubber hoses that are cracking. Easy and cheap, but
> time-consuming to replace. Check this site:
>
> www.realoem.com
>
> Bill in Omaha
> '86 535i

Yes! Thank you Bill in Omaha. With your help, I think I am going to
just about steal this thing off of the seller's hands tonight for only
300 Canadian. I will try these simple fixes first. I hope these work
and I don't have to get at the head gasket. Is it common for head
gaskets to blow on these cars, I mean, the car is 345000 kilometres
and 16 years old.