Old October 4th 05, 11:40 PM
Michael J. Delaglio

"John C." > wrote in message
news:1kD0f.2695$WD5.471@trndny06...

> "Michael J. Delaglio" > wrote in message
>> Just got my 2000 GT back from the dealer. The RPM's would drop all the
>> way
>> down and I'd have to give it gas at idle to keep it going. I figured it
>> was
>> TP issue .
>>
>> Turns out it was the air intake vale. Two bolts hold the thing in and
>> it
>> is right out in the open. Probably would take about ten minutes to put
>> one
>> in.
>>
>> The dealer charged me $ 201.17 for the two parts: F8VZ*9F715*AB (Throtle
>> Air By-Pa) and XR3Z*9E498*AG (Connector)
>>
>> They also charged $ 567.00 for the labor.
>>
>> I absolutely dont believe it.
>>
>> Comments on the labor charge ???
>>

> Ouch! It must have taken 7 hours and 50 minutes to troubleshoot. That
> place
> must have some real cracker-jack techs.
> --
> John C.
> '03 Cobra Convt.

"Cracker-jack techs".... LOL Good one !!! The part that was replaced is
directly responsible for the idle control. I took the car in for an idle
problem. It sould be the first thing that they check or at least one of the
first things. I'm always the first to give a tech the benifit of the doubt
because I used to fix cars myself at a VW place during my first two years of
college way back in 1986-1988. Lots of air-cooled bugs and the like. I
always remember how just about every customer wanted to know why the repairs
would cost so much. They all wanted to pay twenty bucks to have a clutch
job done.

In my case here, $ 567.00 labor to diagnose an obvious problem and then do
ten minutes of remove-replace is totally out of hand. It was a straight-up
rip-off !!!!!

Michael