Old October 5th 05, 12:53 AM
Joe

"Michael J. Delaglio" > wrote in
:

> "John C." > wrote in message
>>
>> "Michael J. Delaglio" > wrote in message
>>> Just got my 2000 GT back from the dealer. The RPM's would drop all
>>> the way
>>> down and I'd have to give it gas at idle to keep it going. I
>>> figured it was
>>> TP issue .
>>>
>>> Turns out it was the air intake vale. Two bolts hold the thing in
>>> and it
>>> is right out in the open. Probably would take about ten minutes to
>>> put one
>>> in.
>>>
>>> The dealer charged me $ 201.17 for the two parts: F8VZ*9F715*AB
>>> (Throtle Air By-Pa) and XR3Z*9E498*AG (Connector)
>>>
>>> They also charged $ 567.00 for the labor.
>>>
>>> I absolutely dont believe it.
>>>
>>> Comments on the labor charge ???
>>>

>> Ouch! It must have taken 7 hours and 50 minutes to troubleshoot.
>> That place
>> must have some real cracker-jack techs.
>> --
>> John C.
>> '03 Cobra Convt.
>>

> "Cracker-jack techs".... LOL Good one !!! The part that was
> replaced is directly responsible for the idle control. I took the
> car in for an idle problem. It sould be the first thing that they
> check or at least one of the first things. I'm always the first to
> give a tech the benifit of the doubt because I used to fix cars
> myself at a VW place during my first two years of college way back in
> 1986-1988. Lots of air-cooled bugs and the like. I always remember
> how just about every customer wanted to know why the repairs would
> cost so much. They all wanted to pay twenty bucks to have a clutch
> job done.
>
> In my case here, $ 567.00 labor to diagnose an obvious problem and
> then do ten minutes of remove-replace is totally out of hand. It was
> a straight-up rip-off !!!!!
>
> Michael

Write the GM of the dealership and tell him/her how angry you are and
that they've lost a customer for life.

Include copies of the repair including the cost. Tell the GM that the
job was a complete rip-off considering what was done.

Also tell him/her that if it took that long to diagnose the problem,
they've got morons working as techs there and you won't be returning
simply because of that.

Finally, tell them that you're going to complain to corporate about the
entire thing, and you'll be using the GM's name.

If you don't get a reply, you at least have the small satisfaction of
informing corporate that they've got some rip-off artists at work.

If you get a reply, perhaps they'll try to make amends or at least
offer you some kind of compensation. Might be worth a shot.

Joe
Calypso Green '93 5.0 LX AOD hatch with a few goodies
Black '03 Dakota 5.9 R/T CC