Old October 5th 05, 01:31 AM
Michael J. Delaglio

"Joe" > wrote in message
> "Michael J. Delaglio" > wrote in
> :
>

>> "John C." > wrote in message

>>> Ouch! It must have taken 7 hours and 50 minutes to troubleshoot.
>>> That place
>>> must have some real cracker-jack techs.
>>> --
>>> John C.
>>> '03 Cobra Convt.
>>>

>> "Cracker-jack techs".... LOL Good one !!! The part that was
>> replaced is directly responsible for the idle control. I took the
>> car in for an idle problem. It sould be the first thing that they
>> check or at least one of the first things. I'm always the first to
>> give a tech the benifit of the doubt because I used to fix cars
>> myself at a VW place during my first two years of college way back in
>> 1986-1988. Lots of air-cooled bugs and the like. I always remember
>> how just about every customer wanted to know why the repairs would
>> cost so much. They all wanted to pay twenty bucks to have a clutch
>> job done.
>>
>> In my case here, $ 567.00 labor to diagnose an obvious problem and
>> then do ten minutes of remove-replace is totally out of hand. It was
>> a straight-up rip-off !!!!!
>>
>> Michael

> Write the GM of the dealership and tell him/her how angry you are and
> that they've lost a customer for life.
>
> Include copies of the repair including the cost. Tell the GM that the
> job was a complete rip-off considering what was done.
>
> Also tell him/her that if it took that long to diagnose the problem,
> they've got morons working as techs there and you won't be returning
> simply because of that.
>
> Finally, tell them that you're going to complain to corporate about the
> entire thing, and you'll be using the GM's name.
>
> If you don't get a reply, you at least have the small satisfaction of
> informing corporate that they've got some rip-off artists at work.
>
> If you get a reply, perhaps they'll try to make amends or at least
> offer you some kind of compensation. Might be worth a shot.
>
> Joe
> Calypso Green '93 5.0 LX AOD hatch with a few goodies
> Black '03 Dakota 5.9 R/T CC

No question. I'm going to start by calling the service manager and question
the labor charge. I got my first new Mustang from this dealer back in 1990.
It was an LX 5.0. I traded in to them in 2000 and got a new GT. So far
that makes two cars and plenty of maintenance tickets I have given to them
for the past fifteen years. My thanks from them is to get ripped-off in the
extream.

Michael