Old February 13th 18, 08:12 PM posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech,ca.driving
ultred ragnusen

Default Vibration at 50 to 60 mph coasting in neutral after rear brake shoes

wrote:

> On some it does - but then you need to manually adjust the handbrake
> (e-brake) linkage AFTER the shoes have adjusted - and this
> meansbacking off the e-brake adjustment first.

Thank you for helping me understand what went wrong where I realize it's
hard for you to help given the little information I know about it.

On this vehicle, braking in referse does not adjust the rear brakes.
The continual adjustment of the rear brakes is only by the parking brake.

> Youstill have not said what vehicle this is - and sincethere areSO
> MANY differentsetups for brakes, this is important information.

It's a 2002 Toyota Tacoma.

Mainly I ass-u-med that the parking brake would adjust the brake shoes,
since that's what it does every day.

What I mostly want to understand is WHY the parking brake adjustment didn't
work.

My main assumption was that the parking brake adjustment is the same as the
manual star adjustment.

If that's correct, then I don't see how the parking brake adjustment is any
different than twisting the star adjuster, but it apparently is (somehow).

That's my main confusion which I hope someone can help me better
understand.