Old April 17th 05, 07:50 PM
Joey Tribiani

"jjs" > wrote in message
> "Tim Rogers" > wrote in message

> Ask any firefighter if he's _ever_ seen a gas tank explode due to a

burning
> automobile - for example, when the interior is on fire, or much more
> typically when the tires under the engine are on fire - the later is very
> common and nasty. A ruptured tank is another story, but fairly rare. In

my
> years on the flightline and in the field, I've never seen an automobile or
> truck's tank explode.

unfortunately i agree with JJS....typically(but not always) if a car is
burning it will burn through the filler neck or burn out a fuel line and it
just lets the gasoline feed the fire...but *usually* no big boom.....i did
however see a chevy truck's tank explode when it was "t-boned".....not a
real pretty site...