Old February 1st 07, 05:23 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Berg

Default 1970 vw beetle Oil change...

Scotty wrote:
> i'm about to change it and i can't find a book to work me thru it...
> does anyone have a site that has pics to work me thur it??? or can you
> scan and post...
>
> Thxs ALOT
>
> Scotty

Open filler cap, place suitable receptable underneath the oilsump,
remove drainplug and let drain.
If you have a oil change "kit" remove the mini sump and clean strainer,
remember one gasket on each side of strainer when assembling, do not
overtighten small acorn nuts.

Refill with 2.5L of oil, thats about it really..

J.

Please ask if anything seems uncertain, remember there is no such thing
as a "stupid" question when asked earnest.