Old June 28th 04, 06:17 PM
Tom Boltwood

> From: Zathras >
> Newsgroups: alt.autos.alfa-romeo
> Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2004 17:35:57 +0100
> Subject: Replacent Dash Lights
>
> On Sun, 27 Jun 2004 19:33:24 GMT, Catman
> > wrote:
>
> <Snip>
>> fog lights switch off when the ignition is turned off, and will not
>> re-light unless deliberately turned on.

> ..a feature of the 156! Still doesn't stop some plonkers going to all
> the *effort* of re-selecting them though. In any case, my front fogs
> are totally useless - I once tried to light up a wall 10ft away in
> darkness with them - made no real difference. Maybe the Italians have
> an extra-special, cunning fog over there...

I think front fog lights were only designed with the intention of irritating
other drivers. I have tried mine in every combination of conditions I can
think of and they have made absolutely zero difference. I've smashed one of
them now when I drove it into a fence post that was lying flat out in the
car park and I'm not going to bother getting it fixed.