Old March 4th 05, 01:45 AM
David Teichholtz

"Fantine" > wrote in message
> Wonderful. I picked this place because it got good ratings from AAA

and
> local magazines. So much for that!

A local shop tried to rip off a friend of mine for a new transmission.
Luckily he called me and I was able to diagnose the problem as two 75 cent
bushings. When my friend went back and asked the shop to install the
bushings (don't ask, loooong story..) the shop refused, saying "We stand
behind our diagnosis, you need a new transmission". I put the bushings in
for him, this was about 2 years ago, transmission is fine.

Got an advertisement from the rip off shop last week, they are a "Top AAA"
recommended shop.