Old September 2nd 04, 12:52 AM
swede

in article , Dick C at
wrote on 8/31/04 8:52 PM:

> swede wrote in alt.autos
>
>> Hello all-
>>
>> I'm searching for the fuse or relay that controls the power to the
>> courtesy lights on my '01 Vette. I beleive that the courtesy lights a
>> the underhood light,the glove box light the reading lights on the inside
>> rear view mirror and the vanity lights on the mirror on the Sun visor,
>> all of which are not working on my car. All other lights and functions
>> are working properly.
>>
>> I've located both the fuse boxes and have checked many of the fuses and
>> it appears that the lights I'm looking for are the courtesy lights
>> judging from the discription on the car's owner's manual. They have a
>> Micro Relay and not a fuse for their power.
>>
>> Does the relay have to be replaced? Can it be reset?

> By definition, a fuse is a piece of wire designed to melt when
> the heat from an over current condition occurs. A relay is
> a device that uses a magnetic coil to activate contacts. Mini
> simply means small. So, strictly speaking, I would expect that
> there would be a fuse controlling both.
> However, given the manufacturers penchant for giving strange
> and fancy names to various common items, it would not surprise
> me if the "mini relay" is a breaker. You may need to reset or
> replace it. Locate it, and see if it has a button on it, of if
> it actually works like a relay or not.

Thanks Dick C. and Dad-

Mini fuse #2 was blown. In the manual, they list the usage of fuse #2 as
'Monitored(Inavertent)Load Control'. A 'strange and fancy name' indeed! Who
would have known!!??

Thanks again, Dad for looking it up wherever you looked it up. They had me
fooled! Everything works now.

Swede