Old May 3rd 12, 11:02 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
DougW[_2_]

Default New Liberty 10 mpg?

JKConey wrote:
> New Liberty here. I know it's early. 600 miles, but I'm getting a
> solid 10 MPG in city driving. I'm going out of my way to take it slow
> and easy, and getting the ECO On display to come on. Is this as good
> as it gets, or will it improve? Sticker said 16-22.

Depends on the type of city driving. Lots of start/stop is not going
to get good MPG. Still though, I suspect your jeep isn't broken in
yet.

You need to run it at various speeds and not at one constant RPM
for quite a while. All slow-and-easy is doing is making it take
longer to seat the rings and valves. Although modern engines are
a bit quicker to break in, it still takes time for them to get
better mileage.

--
DougW