Old May 29th 18, 03:18 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
trade_mark

Default 2000 explorer XLT / 5R55E transmission problems

In light traffic on the way home the other day, I started to pass a couple of
cars. As I accelerated and the transmission down shifted, it almost
immediately started slipping. Backing off the gas it started to catch and then
seemed okay. It wasn't. As traffic worsened it immediately began to slip again
while accelerating, either from a complete stop or just a slowing down. The
next day after it had plenty of time to cool I tested it and I had all but
lost "R" and "D". If I manually up shifted it seemed to do okay until "D". I
thought I could baby it until the weekend. Next day, made it to work and
home. A little slower but no problems. Later, had to go by mom's stopped to
gas on the way. The end. Had it towed home. I forgot to mention at the onset I
checked fluid level, color, and smell. All were okay so I bought a filter and
fluid. Any chance it could still be something this simple. Any and all
suggestions appreciated. Thanks.

--
for full context, visit https://www.motorsforum.com/ford-exp...ems-21259-.htm