Old November 11th 05, 11:54 PM
Bob Shuman

Default 1997 SC2 Completely Dead, No Power, Not Dead Battery

Check your battery cables. Should be clean and tight. Clean them with a
wire brush. Check your battery voltage using a voltmeter. Should be 13.8V
or so without load. Then jump start since it sounds like you have either a
dead battery, or a bad aternator, or possibly both.

Good luck.

Bob

"getjer1" <u15665@uwe> wrote in message news:573943b490160@uwe...
> I am (was) driving a 1997 SaturnWhen I went out t start my car today
> everything was normal until i tried to start the car. I used the remote to
> unlock the car as normal, and when I put the key in the ignition and

turned
> it to the first position, I got the normal chime. But as soon as I trired

> actually start the car, everything went dead, the chime, interior lights,

and
> even the stereo, completely dark. I tired taking the key out and trying

again
> to no avail. I even tried taking the transmission out of park and into
> neutral, still no luck. I tired a combination of things and nothing seemed

> bring the car back from the dead. There was no sign of clicking from the
> starter, and nothing as far as the engine even trying to turn over, there

was
> absolutely no electrical power. After a few minutes, I noticed there was a
> clicking noise coming from what seemed to be the rear passenger side of

the
> car, but when I further investigated it, I couldnt seem to find exactly

where
> it was coming from. I live in the mountains, about 2 hours from the

closest
> repair facility of any kind, any quick fixes to get the car going again,

and