Old November 12th 05, 04:11 AM
Bob Shuman

Default 1997 SC2 Completely Dead, No Power, Not Dead Battery

Just because your dome light lit and the ignition went on does not mean "the
battery is fine". The starter draws hundreds of instantaneous amps. The
dome light is just a miniscule fraction of that. Again, check the battery
with a voltmeter both at rest and while attempting to start. Post your
results here. Also, remove and clean the battery cables with a wire brush
and re-tighten them.

If you no longer have a dome light, lights do not work, etc, then I'd bet it
is the cable connections or possibly a completely open cell or internal
connection to the battery post. This is the first and easiest place to
start.

Bob

"Jeremy" <u15665@uwe> wrote in message news:5739890dd8e90@uwe...
> Are there any other possibilities, as it seems as if the battery is fine,

as
> the power was ok as I turned the key to the first position, but when I

tried
> to start it is when everything blacked out. Thanks for your help, all
> suggestions are appreciated!
>
> -Jeremy
>
> Bob Shuman wrote:
> >Check your battery cables. Should be clean and tight. Clean them with a
> >wire brush. Check your battery voltage using a voltmeter. Should be

13.8V
> >or so without load. Then jump start since it sounds like you have either

> >dead battery, or a bad aternator, or possibly both.
> >
> >Good luck.
> >
> > Bob
> >
> >> I am (was) driving a 1997 SaturnWhen I went out t start my car today
> >> everything was normal until i tried to start the car. I used the remote

> >[quoted text clipped - 12 lines]
> >> repair facility of any kind, any quick fixes to get the car going

again, and