Old November 18th 05, 01:34 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn

Default 1997 SC2 Completely Dead, No Power, Not Dead Battery

The engine has no way of knowing if it's being spun by a starter or via the
clutch. BUT, they absolutely will NOT start IF the battery is stone dead.
The alternator will not excite unless there is some voltage there to do it.

--
Steve Barker