Old April 13th 12, 11:27 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Old Crow

Default 97 XJ Auto Engine Shut off?

"Brian Stroud" wrote in message

Has anyone heard of an "Auto Engine Shut-off" on a 97 XJ Cherokee? I have
one and so does my friend Tom. I have had all the standard problems that
come with owning an XJ and have been able to fix it without too much
trouble. Tom hasn't had nearly the problem as mine, I think because his has
fewer miles and he's been know to replace the parts that I have had go bad
before they went bad on his. Smart but I think expensive. Tom stumped my
knowledge of XJ anatomy with an "Auto Engine Shut-off" fuse that blows every
time he hits a sizable bump (washboards on a gravel road does it every
time). I no longer have the owners manual and Tom say it shows where it's
located in the fuse panel and power distribution center but I don't find it
on mine. Haney's Reference Book makes no mention of it and nothing says what
triggers the fuse to blow. Any idea or can anyone tell me what to look for.
It seems to shut down the ECU and not a fuel cut off.

Brian

^^^^^^^^

Been a while since I had my XJ, but isn't the Auto Shut Down relay in the
panel under the hood? I thought it was a relay and not a fuse?
Maybe that's in my Wrangler.

Getting old sucks.
--
Old Crow