Old January 18th 05, 10:06 PM
Zathras

On Sun, 16 Jan 2005 23:53:02 +0000, Nick
> wrote:

<snip>
> does anyone know what the maximum
>amount of torque the standard gearbox can take? Was just wondering If
>getting it chip tuned would chew up the gearbox.

Depends how long you keep it and how hard you drive it. I seem to
recall (but cannot remember the source or how accurate it is) that if
you're going to break anything chipping a 130-140hp JTD then it would
be the transmission. The thought of that put me off the idea -
especially now that I can just go out and buy the multi-jet plus I get
the more needed traction control as well.

I've no idea about your other queries so will not reply to them.

Scotland
Alfa Romeo 156 2.4JTD Veloce Leather
'Oil' be seeing you..
(Email without 'Alfa' in subject are auto-deleted..sorry!)