Old June 14th 07, 02:52 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw
noobiedoobie

Default Location of OXYGEN (O2) Sensor on 1986 325es

On Jun 13, 8:30 pm, Fred W > wrote:
> bmwguy2 wrote:
> > Does anybody know where the O2 sensor on a 1986 325es is?
> > I tried looking under the area where the spark plugs are and could not
> > find it.
> > Anyone has seen a picture online anywhere?

> > I saw a picture of 1988 models (I beleive) which was on a really easy
> > place to see but not my damn car.

> > Thanks for all your help in advance.

> Look in the exhaust pipe. They are never anywhere near the spark plugs.
>
> --
> -Fred W

According to the Haynes Manual I have here, the O2 sensor on an '86
325 is located just after the catalytic converter along the exhaust.
Just out of curiosity, why are you trying to locate it? My O2 sensor
on my '91 535 is placed right inside the catalytic converter, but the
electrical connection is in the engine compartment.